Carroll County
Berkshire-Tarnowski Forest Preserve

Berkshire-Tarnowski Forest Preserve

Berkshire Tarnowski Forest Preserve is located in the Tipton Till Plain of Indiana. From the southeast corner the property line follows a shallow ravine forest containing a perennial, possibly spring fed, stream, which flows north, eventually spilling into Deer Creek.

Read more

Frogs’ Glory

Frogs’ Glory

The oak hickory woodlands feature grey squirrels, turkey, and deer. Spring wildflowers dappling the forest floor include crimson fire pinks, wake robin trilliums, and spring beauties. The canopy of the forest will be 75% closed, allowing much sunlight to filter down the remaining 25%. The prairie bursts with little bluestem, purple and yellow coneflowers; a habitat that invites diverse insect and bird life.

Read more

Heron Bottoms

Heron Bottoms

A rich botanic site with skunk cabbage seeps, buttonbush/ blue flag iris openings and rich wet floodplain woods. The nights in the spring offer a cacophony of amphibian calls as the forested wetlands are breeding grounds for spring peepers, chorus frogs, and grey tree frogs.

Read more

Mary Gerard Nature Reserve

Mary Gerard Nature Reserve

 Situated along the Deer Creek, the Gerard Reserve offers majestic views. Looking from atop the slate hillside down into the Deer Creek valley affords views of meandering creek, steep slopes with sycamore trees showing stark white bark contrasted against the greens of spring and summer or browns of fall and winter. The trial leads down to the valley and up to the edge of the creek.

Read more

McAllister Woods

McAllister Woods

McAllister Woods is entirely in the floodplain of the Wildcat and is subject to flooding during heavy rain events. Sycamore and silver maple are the dominant trees along the creek with a typical mixed hardwood forest farther back. 4.4 acres of the land was farmed when the Wildcat Creek Foundation acquired the land in May of 2005 and were reforested with hardwood species.

Read more

Moyer-Gould Woods

Moyer-Gould Woods

Moyer-Gould Woods is predominantly comprised of open oak woodlands on rolling hills bordering the Tippecanoe River. The property features three springs originating on the property; seeps, filled with skunk cabbage; and conglomerate bedrock outcrops with walking ferns and a variety of mosses.

Read more

Mussel Shoals

Mussel Shoals

Mussel shoals is an excellent example of riparian zones – stream edge to woodland. The myriad of wildlife and flora reliant on the stream make it an exciting habitat. The gravel bar fluctuates with water levels, providing evidence of the variable nature of stream ecology. 

Read more

Project Example Full

Project Example Full

Lemon drops cheesecake unerdwear.com donut I love pastry sugar plum. Halvah sesame snaps donut. Chocolate cake I love sweet roll chocolate bar sesame snaps jujubes. Gingerbread I love cookie oat cake halvah sweet.

Read more

Sixbey

Sixbey

A wooded spot along Indiana State Scenic Waterway, Wildcat Creek. A ‘Wildcat Creek Reflections’ journaling station is present (thanks to volunteer Tabb Adams for designing, constructing and installing it!) for folks who want to contribute to the 100 year long project and voice a connection, insight, observation or idea about the Wildcat Creek.

Read more

Weaver Family Nature Reserve

Weaver Family Nature Reserve

Weaver Family Nature Reserve consists of two islands; totaling 20 acres on the Wabash River north of Delphi in Carroll County. The smaller island, 5.4 acres, includes a Great Blue Heron rookery. Public access is via the river. Please do not disturb the herons during nesting season – late March through June. 

Read more

Carroll County
Berkshire-Tarnowski Forest Preserve

Berkshire-Tarnowski Forest Preserve

Berkshire Tarnowski Forest Preserve is located in the Tipton Till Plain of Indiana. From the southeast corner the property line follows a shallow ravine forest containing a perennial, possibly spring fed, stream, which flows north, eventually spilling into Deer Creek.

Read more

Frogs’ Glory

Frogs’ Glory

The oak hickory woodlands feature grey squirrels, turkey, and deer. Spring wildflowers dappling the forest floor include crimson fire pinks, wake robin trilliums, and spring beauties. The canopy of the forest will be 75% closed, allowing much sunlight to filter down the remaining 25%. The prairie bursts with little bluestem, purple and yellow coneflowers; a habitat that invites diverse insect and bird life.

Read more

Heron Bottoms

Heron Bottoms

A rich botanic site with skunk cabbage seeps, buttonbush/ blue flag iris openings and rich wet floodplain woods. The nights in the spring offer a cacophony of amphibian calls as the forested wetlands are breeding grounds for spring peepers, chorus frogs, and grey tree frogs.

Read more

Mary Gerard Nature Reserve

Mary Gerard Nature Reserve

 Situated along the Deer Creek, the Gerard Reserve offers majestic views. Looking from atop the slate hillside down into the Deer Creek valley affords views of meandering creek, steep slopes with sycamore trees showing stark white bark contrasted against the greens of spring and summer or browns of fall and winter. The trial leads down to the valley and up to the edge of the creek.

Read more

McAllister Woods

McAllister Woods

McAllister Woods is entirely in the floodplain of the Wildcat and is subject to flooding during heavy rain events. Sycamore and silver maple are the dominant trees along the creek with a typical mixed hardwood forest farther back. 4.4 acres of the land was farmed when the Wildcat Creek Foundation acquired the land in May of 2005 and were reforested with hardwood species.

Read more

Moyer-Gould Woods

Moyer-Gould Woods

Moyer-Gould Woods is predominantly comprised of open oak woodlands on rolling hills bordering the Tippecanoe River. The property features three springs originating on the property; seeps, filled with skunk cabbage; and conglomerate bedrock outcrops with walking ferns and a variety of mosses.

Read more

Mussel Shoals

Mussel Shoals

Mussel shoals is an excellent example of riparian zones – stream edge to woodland. The myriad of wildlife and flora reliant on the stream make it an exciting habitat. The gravel bar fluctuates with water levels, providing evidence of the variable nature of stream ecology. 

Read more

Project Example Full

Project Example Full

Lemon drops cheesecake unerdwear.com donut I love pastry sugar plum. Halvah sesame snaps donut. Chocolate cake I love sweet roll chocolate bar sesame snaps jujubes. Gingerbread I love cookie oat cake halvah sweet.

Read more

Sixbey

Sixbey

A wooded spot along Indiana State Scenic Waterway, Wildcat Creek. A ‘Wildcat Creek Reflections’ journaling station is present (thanks to volunteer Tabb Adams for designing, constructing and installing it!) for folks who want to contribute to the 100 year long project and voice a connection, insight, observation or idea about the Wildcat Creek.

Read more

Weaver Family Nature Reserve

Weaver Family Nature Reserve

Weaver Family Nature Reserve consists of two islands; totaling 20 acres on the Wabash River north of Delphi in Carroll County. The smaller island, 5.4 acres, includes a Great Blue Heron rookery. Public access is via the river. Please do not disturb the herons during nesting season – late March through June. 

Read more

Widgetkit Module

Pecan Basin Cates/Clawson Reserve

Pecan Basin Cates/Clawson Reserve

A 155-acre property edging the Wabash River in southwestern Fountain County that includes 3/8 of

Read more

Shawnee Bottoms

Shawnee Bottoms

A wonderfully diverse piece of west-central Indiana landscapes  located in Fountain County along

Read more

Tabs Addon

Articles Addon

Widgetkit Accordian Module

Weaver Family Nature Reserve

Weaver Family Nature Reserve

Weaver Family Nature Reserve

Weaver Family Nature Reserve consists of two islands; totaling 20 acres on the Wabash River north of Delphi in Carroll County. The smaller island, 5.4 acres, includes a Great Blue Heron rookery. Public access is via the river. Please do not disturb the herons during nesting season – late March through June. 

Read more

Heron Bottoms

Heron Bottoms

Heron Bottoms

A rich botanic site with skunk cabbage seeps, buttonbush/ blue flag iris openings and rich wet floodplain woods. The nights in the spring offer a cacophony of amphibian calls as the forested wetlands are breeding grounds for spring peepers, chorus frogs, and grey tree frogs.

Read more

Mussel Shoals

Mussel Shoals

Mussel Shoals

Mussel shoals is an excellent example of riparian zones – stream edge to woodland. The myriad of wildlife and flora reliant on the stream make it an exciting habitat. The gravel bar fluctuates with water levels, providing evidence of the variable nature of stream ecology. 

Read more

Sixbey

Sixbey

Sixbey

A wooded spot along Indiana State Scenic Waterway, Wildcat Creek. A ‘Wildcat Creek Reflections’ journaling station is present (thanks to volunteer Tabb Adams for designing, constructing and installing it!) for folks who want to contribute to the 100 year long project and voice a connection, insight, observation or idea about the Wildcat Creek.

Read more

Moyer-Gould Woods

Moyer-Gould Woods

Moyer-Gould Woods

Moyer-Gould Woods is predominantly comprised of open oak woodlands on rolling hills bordering the Tippecanoe River. The property features three springs originating on the property; seeps, filled with skunk cabbage; and conglomerate bedrock outcrops with walking ferns and a variety of mosses.

Read more